Welcome to the City of Pilot Point's Development Services Department. This section is intended to provide you with general references, answers to common questions, and frequently used forms.
This department is divided into two main divisions:
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Planning and Zoning
Our department's mission statement is to provide enhanced economic opportunity, strong neighborhoods, and dynamic quality growth and development through high quality, positive, timely and facilitative development review and inspection services in a professional setting; development codes that are cohesive, consistent, fair, and promote a high quality of life; and collaborative planning to develop and implement creative community based strategies.
Damage to City Property
When it comes to negligent damages, or digging without notifying out city, the following hourly rates will be applied for damages. Each time the City has to pull our crews off a scheduled job, it is an inconvenience for our citizens. They pay for the service, and this is why we must hold negligence accountable.
- Employee rates - Double Overtime +25%
- Vac-Tron - $150 per hour
- Tractor - $150 per hour
- Dump Truck - $100 per hour
- Materials reimbursement accordingly per incident
- Water loss will be reimbursed to the city in full
- Personal property damages that may need to be repaired for citizens property