Elections / Elecciones
The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Pilot Point and is responsible for conducting all City elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas. Municipal elections are held on the first Saturday in May of each year, as authorized by state law.
The Pilot Point City Council is composed of a Mayor and six Council Members. While there are six council places, they are not divided into geographic districts. Each Council Member is elected at-large and represents the entire community. The Mayor and Council Members shall have three year terms so that two Council Members are elected each year.
Election Day - May 5, 2018
Residents of Pilot Point will go to the polls on May 5, 2018 to elect Representatives to Place 2 and Place 5.
- If you are not already registered to vote, you must do so by April 5, 2018 to vote in this election;
- Early voting will be conducted April 23- May 1, 2018;
- List of Names for 2018 General Election
Visit the Denton County Elections Page website for information on where to vote, early voting dates and polling locations.
- Bond Election to be November 2018.
- Mayor and Place 4 and Place 6 will next be elected in May 2019.